Boomea allows you to send messages, files, emojis, and images, between one or more users.
The image below shows what a chat message looks like.
- Chat Box
- Here you can type text to send to the recipient.
- Paperclip Icon
- Clicking this icon will open up a file explorer to search for files on your computer.
- Emoji Icon.
- This will open a window where you can select emojis to send
Below is a couple of examples of choosing a PDF file and an image to send.
First, we clicked the paperclip Icon. Next, we selected a file from the explorer that opened. Finally, we can see a thumbnail of the file that we are about to send.
- To download the attachment that is sent you can click on the attachment and hit the download button or you can hover your cursor over the file to display a download icon. Below is an example of sent files.
Viewing the file that is sent is as simple as clicking on it. When the file is clicked it will expand and show the contents of the file as well as display a download button at the bottom of the preview.
If you want to download the file that is sent without viewing the contents, you can select the download icon on the thumbnail of the file that was sent.
When a file is downloaded you will see the file at the bottom of the web page.
Next we will discuss the emoji options and icon. Clicking the emoji icon will display a window with many emojis to choose from.
First we clicked on the emoji icon. We then selected the face with money for a tongue. You can then see that the chat message is populated by the format for the selected emoji. An emoji can also be sent without selecting one by clicking the emoji icon. For example, you could simply type “:money_mouth_face:” and hit enter. The emoji will render just the same.
This is what we get when we send an image file, a PDF file, and an emoji:
There are also a few limitations to using the Boomea Chat.
- There is a character limit of 50,000.
- Files over 50 Mb cannot be sent.